Ganga Expressway was approved on 26 November 2020. This expressway will be ready by 2024. So far 94 percent of the land purchase process for this expressway has been completed. This expressway will be built at a cost of more than 36 thousand 200 crores. Addressing the event, Prime Minister said, “Maa Ganga is the source of all auspiciousness and prosperity. Maa Ganga gives all the happiness and takes away all the pain. Similarly, Ganga Expressway will also open new doors to the prosperity of Uttar Pradesh.
PM Modi laid the foundation stone of Ganga Expressway in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh at around 1 pm on Saturday. The total length of this expressway will be 594 km and this Ganga Expressway will pass through the most fertile areas of the country. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said that the Ganga Expressway will improve connectivity in Uttar Pradesh and boost economic development and tourism.
What is Ganga express e-way
- Ganga Expressway will connect different districts and villages of Uttar Pradesh.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Ganga Expressway in Shahjahanpur, UP on 18 December.
- Ganga Expressway will start from Meerut in UP and end at Prayagraj.
- The total length of the Ganga Expressway will be about 600 km, it is being told as the longest expressway in India.
- After the construction of Ganga Expressway, both the distance and time from Delhi to Prayagraj will be reduced.People going from Delhi-NCR to Prayagraj will be able to come easily on Ganga Expressway via Meerut Expressway.
- Ganga Expressway will be an 8-lane hi-tech expressway.
- The responsibility of building the Ganga Expressway has been given to Adani Group and IRB.
- Rs 36,200 crore will be spent on this project.
- Ganga Expressway will start from Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh and will end at Prayagraj via Jyotiba Phule Nagar, Hapur, Bulandshahr, Amroha, Sambhal, Badaun, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Unnao, Rae Bareli, Pratapgarh.
- The starting point of Ganga Expressway will be Bijauli village of Meerut and the ending point will be Judapur Dandu village of Prayagraj.
- 96% land has been acquired for Ganga Expressway.
- Industrial cluster will be developed on Ganga Expressway.
- An airstrip will also be built for emergency landing at Shahjahanpur on Ganga Expressway.
- There will be industrial corridors on both sides of the expressway. Where 20 thousand people will get employment.
- This expressway will be helpful as a catalyst for the establishment of handloom industries, food processing units, cold storages, warehousing houses, market and milk based industries etc.
- Trauma centers, petrol pumps, dhabas and toilets will be built at a short distance on the expressway, apart from this, many more arrangements will be made keeping in mind the facilities of the people.
- The longest part of Ganga Expressway will be in Unnao.
- The length of the expressway is 15 km in Meerut, 33 km in Hapur, 11 km in Bulandshahr, 26 km in Amroha, 39 km in Sambhal, 92 km in Budaun, 40 km in Shahjahanpur, 99 km in Hardoi, 105 in Unnao km, 77 km in Rae Bareli, 41 km in Pratapgarh and 16 km in Prayagraj.
- 14 major bridges, 126 minor bridges, 929 culverts, 7 ROBs, 28 flyovers and 8 diamond interchanges will be built on Ganga Expressway.
- A kilometer long bridge will be built on the river Ganga and 720 meters long on the Ramganga river.
- There will be 2 main toll plazas in Meerut and Prayagraj on the Ganga Expressway. Apart from this, 15 ramp toll plazas will also be built on the way.
Read also these articles:-