Today current affairs
Welcome to Ritu’s Academy. Here we are providing question answers of today current affairs of February 2022. For preparation of competitive exams eg. UPSC, IAS, IPS Banking, Railway and Teaching and other states civil services / government job recruitment examinations of India. Lets start:-
- Today current affairs
- Question:- Which field is related with ‘IVFRT Scheme’?
- Question:- Where will India’s first e-waste eco-park be opened?
- Question:- Who defeated world champion Magnus Carlsen?
- Question:- Who presiding the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC)?
- Question:- What is Nord Stream 2?
- Question:- When will the Taj Mahotsav 2022 be organized?
- Question:- Which organization has launched ‘Quit Tobacco’ app?
- Question:- Who is appointed as new chairman of CBSE ?
- Question:- Who becomes first plastic waste neutral company ?
- Question:- What is new India litracy program 2022-27?
- Question:- When is World Radio Day celebrated?
- Question:- Which country is the host of One Ocean Summit?
- Question:- MUSE and HelioSwarm are associated with which space agency?
- Question:- When is the International Day of Women and Girls in Science celebrated?
- Question:- When is World Junani Day celebrated?
- Question:- What is meant by the report ‘Women in the Boardroom’?
- Question:- When is World Pulses Day celebrated?
- Question:- Who became the new chairman of UGC?
- Question:- Who won the ICC U-19 World Cup 2022?
- Question:- Which was declared as India’s first OECM site?
- Question:- Where is the world’s largest igloo cafe opened?
- Question:- What is “PM-DevINE Scheme”?
- Question:- What is NROL-87 mission?
Question:- Which field is related with ‘IVFRT Scheme’?
Answer – IVFRT scheme is related with Immigration field. The Center has approved the continuation of the Immigration Visa Foreigners Registration Tracking (IVFRT) scheme for a period of five years from 2021 to 2026. The scheme has been approved with an outlay of Rs 1,364.88 crore. The average visa processing time, which was earlier 15-30 days, has been reduced to 72 hours in e-Visa.
Question:- Where will India’s first e-waste eco-park be opened?
- India’s first e-waste eco-park will be opened in Delhi.
- The first electronic-waste eco-friendly park will be set up in Delhi to tackle the growing e-waste.
- Waste disposal, recycling and recycling will be done in a safe and scientific manner.
- Batteries, electronic items, laptops, chargers, mobiles and PCs will be collected in the e-waste eco-part.
- The facility will include dismantling, refurbishment, separation, plastic recycling, material wise storage, and testing from Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) through hi-tech and precious metal extraction facilities.
- It will provide integrated and environment-safe disposal of e-waste using innovative technologies. This will help in reducing pollution and reduce the adverse impact on the environment.
Question:- Who defeated world champion Magnus Carlsen?
India’s 16-year-old Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa defeated world champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway in the eighth round of the preliminary stage of the chess tournament. The tournament was organized through the online Airthings Masters chess tournament.
Question:- Who presiding the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC)?
Answer – The Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) is chaired by the Union Finance Minister.
The 25th meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) has been held under the chairmanship of Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
The Council discussed measures needed to achieve inclusive economic growth with financial sector development and macroeconomic stability and various operational issues related to currency management.
Question:- What is Nord Stream 2?
- Nord Stream 2 is a 1,200 km long pipeline that runs from Ust-Luga in Russia to Greifswald in Germany through the Baltic Sea.
- The pipeline will supply 55 billion cubic meters of gas annually. The decision to build this pipeline was taken in the year 2015.
- The Nord Stream 1 pipeline has already been completed and together with Nord Stream 2, 110 billion cubic meters of gas per year will be supplied to Germany.
- The pipeline will provide a sustainable supply of gas to Europe and will give Russia direct access to the European market.
Question:- When will the Taj Mahotsav 2022 be organized?
- Taj Mahotsav 2022 will be organized from March 20 to March 29, 2022.
- This festival is a 10-day cultural festival organized every year in Agra.
- It is the most famous festival of arts, crafts, food and culture and is organized between winter and spring.
Theme of Taj Mahotsav 2022
The theme of Taj Mahotsav 2022 is ‘Azadi Ke Amrit Mahotsav Ke Sang, Taj Ke Rang’. The Taj Mahotsav started in 1992.
Objectives of Taj Mahotsav
It is organized with an aim to encourage the innovative works of craftsmen and help them to showcase their various skills.
venue for carnival
Taj Mahotsav 2022 will be held at Shilpgram. It is a famous handicraft village in Agra, Uttar Pradesh and is located at a distance of about 500 meters from the Taj Mahal.
Question:- Which organization has launched ‘Quit Tobacco’ app?
The World Health Organization (WHO) launched the quit tobacco app. This application helps people to give up the use of tobacco in all forms, including smokeless and other newer products. The App was launched by Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, Regional Director, WHO-SEAR, during WHO’s year-long ‘Commit to quit’ campaign. It is the latest tobacco control initiative by the WHO South-East Asia Region.
Question:- Who is appointed as new chairman of CBSE ?
IAS Vineet Joshi additional secretary of higher Education, has appointed as the new chairman of Central Board of secondary Education (CBSE). He is an IAS officer of 1992 batch of Manipur and he is also the governing body member of National testing agency.
Question:- Who becomes first plastic waste neutral company ?
- Dabur becomes first plastic waste neutral company of India.
- It is a fast moving consumer goods company of India.
- The company is collects plastics and processes it and then recycles as much packaging as itself.
- The company has collected more than 54000mt of plastic waste directly from end-users through this initiative.
- Dabur launched its plastic waste management initiative during the year 2018 as part of Indian government plastic waste management Rules 2016.
Question:- What is new India litracy program 2022-27?
- The Union Government approved a new scheme New India Literacy Program for the period from financial year 2022 to 2027 to cover all aspects of adult education in order to align with the National Education Policy 2020 and budget announcement 2021-22.
- The National Policy on Education 2020 has recommended adult education and lifelong learning.
- In this, vocational skill development programs will be run with a view to getting financial literacy, digital literacy, commercial skills, health care and awareness, child care and education, family welfare, local employment.
- The program includes teaching important life skills, etc., including basic education, at the elementary, middle and secondary levels.
Objectives of the scheme
This scheme will be applicable in all the states and union territories of the country. The scheme will benefit non-literate people of the age of 15 years and above. The target of Basic Literacy and Numeracy for the financial year 2022 to 2027 is to cover five crore learners per year using online teaching, learning and assessment system in collaboration with National Informatics Centre, NCERT and NIOS.
The estimated total outlay of this program is over Rs 1,037 crore. In which the share of Rs 700 crore will be borne by the central government and the share of more than Rs 337 crore will be borne by the states.
Question:- When is World Radio Day celebrated?
February 13 is celebrated as World Radio Day. Its purpose is to underline the importance of radio as a medium of entertainment, information and communication. On this occasion UNESCO organizes various activities in collaboration with broadcasters, organizations and communities.
Radio is an important medium of entertainment, information and communication. It also acts as a medium of information for the empowerment of the people.
World Radio Day
UNESCO declared February 13 as World Radio Day at the 36th General Assembly in 2011. World Radio Day was first celebrated in 2012.
Question:- Which country is the host of One Ocean Summit?
Answer – France is the host of One Ocean Summit. One Ocean Summit is being organized by France in collaboration with the United Nations and the World Bank. India has supported the French initiative ‘High Ambition Coalition on Biodiversity Beyond National Jurisdiction’. Prime Minister Narendra Modi participated in this conference and said that India is committed to eliminate single use plastic.
Question:- MUSE and HelioSwarm are associated with which space agency?
Answer – MUSE and HelioSwarm are associated with the NASA space agency. NASA has announced two new science missions named Multi-Slit Solar Explorer (MUSE) and HelioSwarm. The purpose of these two missions is to study the Sun’s corona and measure the solar wind’s magnetic field. NASA had earlier announced the latest observations made by Parker Solar Probe on its way to the Sun.
Question:- When is the International Day of Women and Girls in Science celebrated?
Answer: – International Day of Women and Girls in Science is celebrated every year on 11th February. This day is being celebrated by the United Nations every year since 2015. Its purpose is to throw light on the role of women in the field of science and technology. This day is celebrated by the United Nations in association with organizations promoting women in the field of science and technology around the world.
Question:- When is World Junani Day celebrated?
World Unani Day is celebrated every year on 11 February. It is celebrated on the occasion of the birth anniversary of the Greek researcher Hakim Ajmal Khan. He was a Unani specialist. A conference on Unani Medicine is being organized by the Ministry of AYUSH in New Delhi on the occasion of Unani Day.
Unani system of medicine
It is a type of Persian-Arabic traditional system of medicine. It was used in Mughal India.
Question:- What is meant by the report ‘Women in the Boardroom’?
Answer:- ‘The Women in the Boardroom’ report released by Deloitte Global. This is the seventh edition of the report. According to this report, women in India hold only 17.1% board seats. This figure has increased as compared to earlier. In 2014 it was 9.4%. 2014 has been taken as the base year for comparison because in 2013, the Companies Act mandated that every board should have at least one woman member.
Question:- When is World Pulses Day celebrated?
Answer:- February 10, 2019 has been observed as First Dal Day. To underline the importance of pulses, the year 2016 has been declared as the International Year of Pulses. Pulses are essential for nutrition and food security. After this, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution to celebrate 10 February as World Pulses Day.
Question:- Who became the new chairman of UGC?
Answer:- The Ministry of Education has appointed Shri M. Jagdish Kumar as the new Chairman of UGC. He was serving as the Vice Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University. The appointment has been made for a term of five years or till attaining the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier. Before Jagdish, Professor D.P. Singh was serving as the chairman of the UGC. He retired from the post after the age of 65 years.
Question:- Who won the ICC U-19 World Cup 2022?
Answer:- India won the final of the ICC U-19 World Cup 2022 by four wickets against England at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua on February 5, 2022. This win is the record fifth Under-19 title for India.
Question:- Which was declared as India’s first OECM site?
Answer:- On 2nd February, World Wetlands Day, Aravalli Biodiversity Park was declared as the first other Effective Area-based Conservation Measures (OECM).
The OECM tag is provided by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). According to the IUCN, OECM sites are not protected but are rich in biodiversity. Aravalli Hills is the first OECM site in the country. The proposal to make Aravali OECM was made by the National Biodiversity Authority.
Question:- Where is the world’s largest igloo cafe opened?
- Answer. The world’s largest igloo cafe has opened in Jammu and Kashmir. The name of this cafe is Snowglu.
- It was built by Wasim Shah.
- This cafe is built in Gulmarg, Kashmir.
- Its diameter is 44.5 feet and height is 37.5 feet.
- This cafe has become one of the major tourist attractions of the region.
- This cafe has two sections. One section is for art and the other for seating. It has ten tables. The cafe can seat 40 people.
- Sheep skin has been used to make seat covers in restaurants.
Question:- What is “PM-DevINE Scheme”?
- In the Union Budget 2022-23, a new “PM-Devine Scheme” has been proposed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The government has announced the PM-Divine scheme with an initial allocation of Rs 1,500 crore.
- PM-DevINE stands for “Prime Minister’s Development Initiative for North-East”.
- The objective of the scheme is to provide funds for infrastructure and need-based social development, including one of its kind ‘Bamboo Link Roads’ in Mizoram.
Question:- What is NROL-87 mission?
Answer:- NROL-87 was launched by SpaceX. Under this mission, the company launched a spy satellite for the US military. The satellite was carried by a Falcon rocket. This is the second of three planned launches under the mission. More details of the NRO fleet are never leaked. This is because these satellites are used for military purposes.