Monthly current affairs of August 2022
Monthly current affairs:- Here we are providing monthly current affairs of August 2022. For preparation of competitive exams eg. UPSC, IAS, IPS Banking, Railway and Teaching and other states civil services / government job recruitment examinations of India. Lets start:-
- Monthly current affairs of August 2022
- Awards of August 2022
- National current affairs of August 2022
- 1. Air water making machine Meghdoot
- 2. Delhi’s Anang Tal declared National Monument
- 3. Divita Rai became Miss Diva Universe 2022
- 4. Satwik-Chirag won the first bronze medal at the World Championships
- 5. Haridwar Best Aspirational District of India
- 6. World’s Highest Chenab Railway Bridge
- 7. More than 75 thousand start-ups validated
- 8. Government of India releases commemorative postage stamp to honor Tricolor designer Pingali Venkaiah
- 1. Justice UU Lalit became the 49th CJI of the country
- 2. KV Subramaniam Appointed Executive Director of India in IMF
- 3. Indian scientist Sameer V Kamat appointed as Chairman of DRDO
- 4. Vikram Doraiswamy appointed as the new High Commissioner of India to England
- 5. Rajesh Verma nominated as Secretary to President Draupadi Murmu
- 6. Nallathambi Kalaiseelvi became the first woman Director General of CSIR
- 7. IFS Shweta Singh appointed as Director in Prime Minister’s Office
Awards of August 2022
1. Pulitzer Prize 2022:-
Bangladesh-origin painter and story writer Fahmida Azeem has been selected for the 2022 Pulitzer Prize. She works for America’s online magazine ‘Insider’. He is being given this award for the category of Illustrated, Interpretive Reporting and Commentary. Fahmida Azeem, including four Insider magazine reporters—Anthony Dale Col, Josh Adams and Walt Hickey—have been selected to work on the persecution of Uighurs in China.
2. 1,082 policemen honored on Independence Day
On the occasion of Independence Day, 1,082 police personnel from Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and State Police have been honored. He has been awarded in various categories of service medals including gallantry. 347 Police Medals for Gallantry, 87 President’s Police Medals for Distinguished Service and 648 Police Medals for Meritorious Service have been awarded.
According to the report, the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has got the maximum 109 gallantry medals. After this, Jammu and Kashmir Police got 108, Border Security Force (BSF) 19 and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) got six gallantry medals each. Among the state police forces, 42 gallantry medals have been won by Maharashtra and 15 for Chhattisgarh.
3. ‘Blue Plaque’ Award
Dadabhai Naoroji’s house in London received the ‘Blue Plaque’ honor. He was a distinguished member of the Indian freedom struggle and the first Indian Parliamentarian of Britain. The house in South London where Dadabhai Naoroji lived for almost eight years was awarded the ‘Blue Plaque’ to be done. The ‘Blue Plaque’, a scheme by the ‘English Heritage’ charity, is an honor given to buildings of historical importance in London.
4. Independence Day 2022: Distribution of 107 Gallantry Awards
President of India Draupadi Murmu approved 107 gallantry awards for the Armed Forces and the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) on the eve of Independence Day. In India, the President is the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces. The gallantry awards sanctioned by the President include 3 Kirti Chakras, 13 Shaurya Chakras, 2 Bar to Sena Medal (Gallantry Award), 81 Sena Medal (Gallantry Award), 1 Naval Medal (Gallantry Award) and 7 Vayu Sena Medal (Gallantry Award). Huh.
5. Highest civilian honor of Ladakh:-
Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama has been awarded the ‘Dpal RNgam Duston’ award, Ladakh’s highest civilian honor, for his immense contribution in the field of service to humanity. The award has been conferred on the Dalai Lama by the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) in recognition of his contribution especially to the Union Territory.
6. UNESCO Heritage List:-
The Astro Lab of Langat Singh College, Bihar has been included in the UNESCO Heritage List.
UNESCO (UNESCO) has added a 106-year-old astronomical observatory at Langat Singh College, Muzaffarpur, Bihar, to the list of important endangered heritage observatories of the world. According to a member of the UNESCO team, the Astronomical Observatory in Muzaffarpur is now on the UNESCO list and has been uploaded on the UNESCO site.
7. “Distinguished Indologist” Award for the year 2021:-
Canadian scholar Jeffrey Armstrong has been awarded the prestigious Indologist of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) for 2021. Jeffrey Armstrong was presented the award by Manish, Consul General of India in Vancouver. The citation for the award stated that Armstrong was awarded “in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the study/teaching/research of India’s philosophy, thought, history, art, culture, Indian languages, literature, civilization, society, etc.” has been done.
National current affairs of August 2022
1. Air water making machine Meghdoot
- Meghdoot is an Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG) device that uses innovative technology to convert water vapor into fresh and clean drinking water. Drinking water will now be made available at six railway stations of Mumbai Division of Central Railway using wind-water generation technology. This technology is recognized by the United Nations.
- This technology starts making water within a few hours of switching on and it produces 1000 liters of water in a day.
- This technology works in conditions ranging from 18 to 45 degree Celsius temperature and 25 to 100 percent humidity. It can be used as an instant solution for potable water.
- Rail passengers can fill their own bottle of 300 ml by paying Rs 5, 500 ml for Rs 8 and one liter for Rs 12 from the water kiosk.
2. Delhi’s Anang Tal declared National Monument
- Anang Tal, located near Qutub Minar in Mehrauli, Delhi, has been declared a National Monument.
- Anant Vijay, the head of the National Monuments Authority, visited Qutub Minar in November 2019 and found that Anang Tal is historic.
- It is a sign of Anang Pal Tomar, the founder and great emperor of Delhi and should have national importance.
- The Government of India has issued a gazette notification.
3. Divita Rai became Miss Diva Universe 2022
Karnataka’s Divita Rai became Miss Diva Universe 2022 in a star-studded event on 28 August. Miss Universe 2021, Harnaaz Sandhu crowned Divita as her successor. The 23-year-old will represent India at the 71st Miss Universe 2022 pageant, where Harnaaz Sandhu will crown the next Miss Universe winner.
Divita Rai is from Mumbai and was born in Mangalore. He studied at Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai. She is an architect and model by profession. Divita is interested in activities like badminton, basketball, painting, listening to music and reading.
4. Satwik-Chirag won the first bronze medal at the World Championships
Indian men’s pair of Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty lost in the semi-finals to sixth seeded Malaysian pair of Aaron Chia and Soh Wooi Yik. He won her first bronze medal at the World Badminton Championships and ended the campaign.
The world number seven Indian pair could not take advantage of the win in the first game and went down 22-20, 18-21, 16-21 in the match that lasted 77 minutes. This is the sixth consecutive defeat at the hands of Malaysian pair of Satwik and Chirag.
5. Haridwar Best Aspirational District of India
NITI Aayog has declared Haridwar district as the first among 112 aspirational districts of the country in the theme of basic infrastructure. Every month, aspirational districts are ranked by NITI Aayog on the themes of health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, infrastructure and financial inclusion and skills.
There is a provision of giving 10 crore rupees as a reward for coming first in all the sectors. The aspirational district Haridwar has got the first prize twice before. In February 2019, the district got Rs 3 crore as the first prize on the theme of agriculture and water resources, while in July 2019, a reward of Rs 10 crore was given for coming first in all the sectors.
On behalf of NITI Aayog, the aspirational district Haridwar has got the first position in the basic infrastructure sector in the whole country. As an award, the district will get an amount of three crores.
6. World’s Highest Chenab Railway Bridge
Chenab Bridge is the highest bridge in the world. The Golden Joint of Chenab Bridge was inaugurated on 13 August 2022. Tekla software has been used for the structural details of the bridge. The world’s highest railway arch bridge is being constructed in Jammu and Kashmir. The Golden Joint of Chenab Bridge has also been inaugurated on 13th August.
About Chenab Bridge and Chenab River
- The railway bridge named ‘Chenab Bridge’ is 359 meters high above the water level of Chenab river and its length is 1315 meters. It is the highest railway bridge in the world.
- This bridge is 35 meters higher than the Eiffel Tower and the total weight of this arch is 10,619 metric tons. 28,660 metric tons of steel is manufactured in the construction of this bridge.
- This bridge will be completely safe even in earthquakes and strong explosions. This arch will have steel boxes, which will be filled with concrete to provide stability to the bridge.
- The Chenab River is formed by the confluence of the Chandra and Bhaga rivers at Tandi in the Upper Himalayas of Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Its upper part is also known as Chandrabhaga. It is a tributary of the Indus River.
- It flows through the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir into the plains of Punjab, Pakistan.
- The waters of the Chenab are shared by India and Pakistan as per the terms of the Indus Water Treaty.
- It flows through the Jammu region of Jammu and Kashmir into the plains of Punjab.
7. More than 75 thousand start-ups validated
- The Union Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, Mr. Piyush Goyal has recognized more than 75 thousand start-ups in the country. The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has recognized over 75,000 start-ups, marking a milestone of 75 years of independence.
- Start-up India program is another form of sustainable economic development.
- About 12 percent of the total recognized start-ups are related to IT services, nine percent to healthcare and biology, seven percent to education, five percent to business and commercial services and five percent to agriculture.
- The Indian start-up eco-system has created 7.46 lakh jobs and has grown by 110 percent annually in the last 6 years.
8. Government of India releases commemorative postage stamp to honor Tricolor designer Pingali Venkaiah
Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid tributes to the designer of India’s national flag ‘Tiranga’ Pingali Venkaiah on his birth anniversary. In which a special commemorative postage stamp has been issued in the memory of Pingali Venkaiah.
Pingali Venkaiah was born on August 2, 1876, near Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh). Pingali designed many models of the national flag.
In 1921, Mahatma Gandhi approved a design during a meeting of the Indian National Congress in Vijayawada. The national flag we see today was based on his design.
1. Justice UU Lalit became the 49th CJI of the country
Justice Uday Umesh Lalit of the Supreme Court took oath as the 49th Chief Justice of the country. The country’s President Draupadi Murmu administered the oath of office to him as the CJI. Justice UU Lalit’s term of 74 days begins. The tenure of UU Lalit will be for a total of 74 days (till 8 November 2022).
New Chief Justice U U Lalit has said that disposal of cases pending before the Constitution Bench for years as one of his priorities.
2. KV Subramaniam Appointed Executive Director of India in IMF
Former Chief Economic Adviser of India KV Subramaniam has been appointed as the Executive Director of India at the International Monetary Fund (IMF). KV Subramaniam will replace eminent economist Surjit S Bhalla, who was appointed as India’s executive director on the board of the IMF in 2019.
KV Subramaniam’s tenure:-
Subramaniam’s term will start from November and will continue for a period of three years or until further orders. Eminent economist Surjit S Bhalla’s tenure as ED IMF will end on October 31, 2022.
3. Indian scientist Sameer V Kamat appointed as Chairman of DRDO
- Eminent scientist Sameer V. Kamat has been appointed as Secretary, Department of Defense Research and Development and Chairman of Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO). This information was given by the Ministry of Personnel.
- He is presently Director General, Naval Systems and Materials Division of DRDO and at the place of the Director General G. Satheesh Reddy, who has been appointed as Scientific Adviser to the Defense Minister. Dr. Sameer V Kamat will hold the post till he attains the age of 60 years or until further orders.
- Dr Sameer V Kamat is serving as Director General (Naval Systems and Materials) in DRDO since 1 July 2017. His full name is Dr Sameer Venkatapathy Kamat.
4. Vikram Doraiswamy appointed as the new High Commissioner of India to England
- Vikram Doraiswamy has been appointed as the new High Commissioner of India to the United Kingdom. Vikram K Doraiswamy is a 1992 batch Indian Foreign Service officer and is currently serving as the Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh. Before that he had done journalism for a year.
- After completing his in-service training in Delhi from 1992-1993, he was appointed as the third secretary at the Indian Embassy in Hong Kong in May 1994.
- He was appointed to the Indian Embassy in Beijing in the year 1996. On his return to India in 2000 after serving in China for nearly four years, Doraiswamy was appointed deputy chief of protocol (official).
- He served as the Private Secretary to the Prime Minister of India. In the year 2018, Vikram Doraiswamy served as the head of the Bangladesh and Myanmar Department.
- Doraiswamy worked as a political consultant at the Permanent Mission of India in New York in 2006. After this, he took over as the Consul General of India in Johannesburg, South Africa in the year 2009.
5. Rajesh Verma nominated as Secretary to President Draupadi Murmu
IAS Rajesh Verma was appointed Secretary to President Draupadi Murmu. According to the order of the Ministry of Personnel, Corporate Affairs Secretary Rajesh Verma has been entrusted with this responsibility. Rajesh Verma is a 1987 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Odisha cadre.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment as Secretary to the President of India in place of Kapil Dev Tripathi.
6. Nallathambi Kalaiseelvi became the first woman Director General of CSIR
Senior scientist Nallathambi Kalaiseelvi has become the first woman Director General of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). CSIR is a consortium of 38 research institutes across the country. According to the Personnel Ministry, she will succeed Shekhar Mande, who retired in April.
Kalaiseelvi, who is known for her work in the field of lithium-ion batteries, is currently the Director of CSIR-Central Electrochemical Research Institute (CECRI) in Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu. Kalaiseelvi will also hold the charge of Secretary, Department of Scientific and Industrial Research. His appointment is for a period of two years.
7. IFS Shweta Singh appointed as Director in Prime Minister’s Office
Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer Shweta Singh has been appointed as Director (Director) in the Prime Minister’s Office. Shweta Singh is a 2008 batch IFS officer. According to the Personnel Ministry, the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his three-year tenure.
The Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) refers to a group of officers and employees directly below the Prime Minister of India. The principal secretary is its highest authority. Till 1977 the ‘Prime Minister’s Office’ was called ‘Prime Minister’s Secretariat’. Which was changed to ‘Prime Minister’s Office’ during the Prime Ministership of Morarji Desai. The PMO provides secretarial assistance to the Prime Minister.
Social sharing 📱👇🏻