Multiple choice questions
MCQs on principles of child development:- In this article we are going to discuss about MCQs on various principles of development of children. These principles are very important part of child development and pedagogy subject. These important MCQs are applicable for all teaching compititive exam ie. CTET, REET, MPTET, UPTET, PSTET, KVS, DSSSB, SUPER TET and all states TET exams. Most expected MCQs are given below:-
1. Question:- Which principle of child development states that a child first learns to move the whole hand, then the fingers, and then the hand and fingers together?
- Principle of Interrelated development.
- Principle of social learning.
- Principle of Integration.
- Principle of continuity.
Answer. 3. Principle of integration
2. Question:- Which principle of child development states that approximately a certain pattern and sequence appears in the dynamic and linguistic development of children?
- principal of continuity.
- Principle of integration.
- Principle of developments direction.
- Principle of sequential development
Answer. 4. Principle of sequential development
3. Question:- Which of the following statements regarding development is not true?
- The process of development takes place in a certain direction.
- The process of growth and development is the combined result of heredity and environment.
- Keeping in mind the pace of growth and development in a child, the direction and nature of its progress cannot be predicted.
- Development always moves from the general to the specific.
Answer. 3. Keeping in mind the pace of growth and development in a child, the direction and nature of its progress cannot be predicted.
4. Question:- For the all-round development of the personality of the child, it is necessary that the teachers should know about his ________ .
- Class mates
Answer. 2. Behaviour
5. Question:- Growth is the physiological part or aspect of the developmental process of humans.
- This statement is false.
- This statement is true.
- This statement is neither true nor false.
- Growth is variable
Answer. 2. This statement is true.
6. Question:- Qualitative and Quantitative changes can be observed-
- In human growth.
- In human development.
- In Both growth and development.
- None of these
Answer. 2. In human development
7. Question:- Who said the sentence ‘Learning is bringing about change in behavior through experience’?
- Crow and crow
- Edwin A. Peel
Answer. 2. Gates
8. Development of concepts are specially part of ___________.
- Intellectual development
- Physical development
- Social development
- Emotional development
Answer. 1. Intellectual development
9. What is the period of rapid growth in size and weight of a child?
- Adult age
Answer. 2. Infancy
10. Question:- The Principle of Cumulative and Recapitulatory includes-
- Accumulation of behavior
- Accumulation of development
- Accumulation of knowledge
- Accumulation of experiences
Answer. 2. Accumulation of development
11. Question:- Which of the following is principle of development?
- All the process of development is not Interrelated.
- Not everyone has the same development rate.
- Development is Always linear.
- It is not a continuous process.
Answer. 2. Not everyone has the same development rate.
12. Question:- Which principle of child development states that children who are backward in terms of physical development are equally lagging behind in emotional, social and intellectual development?
- Principle of Interrelated development
- Principle of Uniformity of development
- Principle of integration
- Principle of sequential development
Answer. 1. Principle of Interrelated development
13. Question:- According to which theory of child development, the child first learns to control the movement of his head and arms and later on his feet?
- The Principle of uniformity of development.
- The Principle of inter related development.
- The Principle of sequential development.
- The Principle of integration
Answer. 3. The Principle of sequential development.
14. Question:- Which of the following statements are true on the basis of various theories of child development?
A) The process of development proceeds sequentially.
B) Development takes place slowly and over time.
C) All members of a particular species show some similar characteristics of development.
- Only A
- Only B
- A and C
- All these
Answer. 4. All these
15. Question:- The developmental perspective of teaching demands from teachers that they-
- Be the one to maintain strict discipline as children often experiment.
- Adapt instructional strategies according to the knowledge of developmental factors.
- Treat children of different developmental stages equally.
- Provide such learning that results only in the development of the cognitive domain.
Answer. 2. Adapt instructional strategies according to the knowledge of developmental factors.
Social media 📱