CommonWealth Games 2022
Commonwealth games 2022 :- here’s a list of Commonwealth Games 2022
- CommonWealth Games 2022
- 1. Mirabai Chanu – Gold (Weightlifting, Women’s 49kg)
- 2. Jeremy Lalrinnunga – Gold (Weightlifting, Men’s 67kg)
- 3. Achinta Shuli – Gold (Weightlifting, Men’s 73kg)
- 4. Indian Women’s Lawn Bowling Team – Gold
- 5. Men’s Table Tennis Team – Gold
- 6. Bindyarani Devi – Silver (Weightlifting, Women’s 55kg)
- 7. Sanket Mahadev Sargar – Silver (Weightlifting, Men’s 55kg)
- 8. Vikas Thakur – Silver (Weightlifting, Men’s 96kg)
- 9. Badminton Mixed Team – Silver
- 10. Judoka Shushila – Silver (Judo, Women’s 48kg)
- 11. Gururaja Pujari – Bronze (Weightlifting, Men’s 61kg category)
- 12. Vijay Kumar Yadav – Bronze (Judo, Men’s 60kg)
- 13. Harjinder Kaur – Bronze (Weightlifting, Women, 71kg)
- 14. Women’s boxer Neetu Ghanghas won the gold medal
- 15. Nikhat Zareen wins gold medal at Commonwealth Games 2022
- 16. Mohit Grewal won the Bronze medal
- 17. Anshu Malik won silver medal
- 18. Divya Kakran won bronze medal
1. Mirabai Chanu – Gold (Weightlifting, Women’s 49kg)
Weightlifter Mirabai Chanu claimed India’s maiden gold medals at the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham on July 30, 2022 and made a record-breaking performance, claiming four of them in a power-packed performance. She won the gold medal by lifting a total of 201 kg, including 88 in the snatch round and 113 kg in the clean and jerk. This is India’s first gold medal in the 22nd Commonwealth Games. In the clean and jerk round, Mirabai started with 105kg and won the gold medal.
2. Jeremy Lalrinnunga – Gold (Weightlifting, Men’s 67kg)
Jeremy Lalrinnunga kept the nation proud in the weightlifting arena as he claimed a second gold medal. On July 31, the gold medalist propelled India into the top six of the medal tally on the third day of the Commonwealth Games.He beat Samoa’s Waipawa Niewo Ion 293kg (127kg and 166kg) and Nigeria’s Ididiong Joseph Umoafia 290kg (130kg and 160kg) who bagged silver and bronze medals, respectively.
3. Achinta Shuli – Gold (Weightlifting, Men’s 73kg)
Weightlifter Achinta Shuli placed India on top billing by winning India’s third gold medal at the Commonwealth Games. He lifted 143kg in snatch and 170kg in clean and jerk to overtake Malaysia’s Eri Hidayat Muhammad. He won the silver medal with a total of 303kg, while S Darsigny of Canada won the bronze medal with a total of 298kg.
4. Indian Women’s Lawn Bowling Team – Gold
India’s Lawn Balls team won a historic gold medal at the Commonwealth Games on August 2, 2022 and made the nation proud with its inspiring performance.The Indian women’s lawn balls team won the gold medal by defeating South Africa 17-10 in the title match of the women’s force (team of four players) event of the Commonwealth Games on Tuesday. This is India’s first gold in this event and Indian women won the fourth gold by waving the flag in this unknown game. They beat New Zealand 16-13 in the semi-finals.
5. Men’s Table Tennis Team – Gold
Harmeet Desai stepped up her game in the decider singles as the Indian men’s table tennis team retained the Commonwealth Games gold medal by winning against Singapore in Birmingham on August 2, 2022.
6. Bindyarani Devi – Silver (Weightlifting, Women’s 55kg)
Weightlifter Bindyarani Devi won the silver medal in the women’s 55kg as India continued the medal race at the Commonwealth Games to win. With her impressive weight of 116kg, Bindyarani not only won her first Commonwealth Games medal, but also achieved personal best, national record and Commonwealth Games record in clean and jerk.
7. Sanket Mahadev Sargar – Silver (Weightlifting, Men’s 55kg)
Indian weightlifter Sanket Sargar continued the country’s medal tally at the Commonwealth Games by winning a silver medal in the men’s 55kg category. He won the silver medal in the men’s 55 kg category. The 21-year-old managed a multi-nation event in the 248kg (113kg in snatch and 135kg in clean and jerk) category.
8. Vikas Thakur – Silver (Weightlifting, Men’s 96kg)
Indian heavyweight lifter Vikas Thakur won another Commonwealth Games medal by winning a silver medal in the men’s 96kg. Vikas Thakur lifted 155 kg in snatch and 199 kg in clean and jerk. In this way, he lifted a total of 346 kg and he finished second. This is Vikas Thakur’s third medal in Commonwealth Games. Prior to this, he won the silver medal at the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games and the bronze medal at the 2018 Gold Coast.
9. Badminton Mixed Team – Silver
Kidambi Srikanth’s scintillating performance helped India win a silver medal in the mixed team badminton event at the Commonwealth Games after losing 1-3 to Malaysia.
10. Judoka Shushila – Silver (Judo, Women’s 48kg)
Shushila, 27, fought hard against South Africa’s Michaela Whitbuy in the 4.25-minute final via ‘waza-ari’ before losing the final and won the silver medal.
11. Gururaja Pujari – Bronze (Weightlifting, Men’s 61kg category)
P. Gururaja won the bronze medal in men’s 61 kg weight category at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games, 2022 on 30 July. Gururaja Pujari of India lifted 144 kg in the first clean and jerk attempt, after which he successfully lifted 148 kg in the second clean and jerk attempt. In his third clean and jerk attempt to clinch the medal, Pujari successfully lifted 151 kg and won the bronze medal with a total weight of 269 kg.
12. Vijay Kumar Yadav – Bronze (Judo, Men’s 60kg)
The 26-year-old Yadav, on the other hand, made a splendid performance, swooping down on his opponent’s mistake and knocking him down for 10 seconds to end the competition in just 58 seconds and won the bronze medal.
13. Harjinder Kaur – Bronze (Weightlifting, Women, 71kg)
India’s Harjinder Kaur won the bronze medal in the women’s 71kg weightlifting event at the Commonwealth Games.
14. Women’s boxer Neetu Ghanghas won the gold medal
Women’s boxer Neetu Ghanghas won the 48kg weight category final against England’s Demi-Z Reston. This is the first Commonwealth Games of 21-year-old Neetu. She defeated the bronze medalist of the 2019 World Championships with a one-sided decision of 5-0.
15. Nikhat Zareen wins gold medal at Commonwealth Games 2022
Nikhat Zareen won the gold medal at the Commonwealth Games 2022 in Birmingham. She defeated Carley McNaul of Northern Ireland 5-0 in the women’s light fly category final. This is the 48th medal of Team India in the Commonwealth Games. While this is the third gold medal in boxing. Interestingly, Nikhat has won a medal for the country in the Commonwealth Games for the first time. Nikhat did not let the rival Carly McNall stand up with his punchy punches and won the 50kg final gold.
16. Mohit Grewal won the Bronze medal
Indian wrestler, Mohit Grewal has won bronze medal in men’s freestyle 125kg at Commonwealth Games 2022 by defeating Aaron Johnson of Jamaica. Grewal defeated Johnson 5-0 in the bronze medal match. He won the medal in just three minutes and 30 seconds. Mohit started his campaign with a win against Cyprus’ Alexios Kausalidis in the quarter-finals, but lost in the semi-finals to Canadian champion Amarveer Dhesi.
17. Anshu Malik won silver medal
Indian wrestler Anshu Malik won silver medal in women’s freestyle 57kg category at Commonwealth Games 2022. She suffered a 3-7 loss against Adekuoroe of Nigeria in the gold medal match. Malik won the first medal for India in the Commonwealth Games 2022 wrestling.
18. Divya Kakran won bronze medal
Indian wrestler Divya Kakran has won the bronze medal in the women’s 68kg category at the Commonwealth Games 2022. In the bronze medal match, Kakran defeated Tiger Lily Cocker Lemali of Tonga via victory by fall in 26 seconds. Kakran won the medal via victory by fall in just 26 seconds.
PDF Download link