Write an essay on ‘World Earth Day’ or ‘Save Earth’
- Write an essay on ‘World Earth Day’ or ‘Save Earth’
- Restore Our Earth
- Climate change issues
- What should we do to save earth
- Ways to celebrate ‘World Earth Day’ in schools
- Short essay on world earth day
We celebrate ‘World Earth day’ every year at 22 April to support of environmental protection. It began in 22 April 1970. In the term environmental protection it means to protect the Earth from environmental pollution, deforestation and plastic pollution etc. and make it healthier to live. In the year 1970 Spring, the earth day was invented by Senator Gaylord Nelson. The main objective to celebrate Earth Day is spreading awareness about to protect our planet. Industrial waste environmental pollution lead the earth in wrong direction. 1 billion individuals mobilized action for every Earth day and above 190 countries engaged with this program. In 1990 the earth day goes global.
Restore Our Earth
Theme of the earth day 2021 is “Restore Our Earth”. At April 22, 1970 on the first earth day 20 million people came out onto the streets across the USA. This year all events of earth day will be online because of global covid-19 pandemic. Restore Our Earth the theme signifies that we all human beings need to protect our earth from many kind of misleading activities eg. Deforestation, increasing use of plastic, environmental polution etc. Through these activities our earth becoming helpless.
Climate change issues
Climate change is becoming the serious issue on earth. Deforestation, environmental polution system grow up global warming. Which does hoch-poch our earth system eg. Glaciers melt, flooding, forest fire, weather ups and downs etc. This has threatened the livelihood of people, species and ecosystems. EARTHDAY.ORG INDIA are calling on everyday citizens to rise up and come together to engage the public, educate people about the environment, and act to make positive and sustainable changes to protect the earth that we all live on. Earth Day is not a day, but a movement. The main focus of India’s country specific campaign are given below:-
(I) Trees4Earth Campaign
Trees4Earth campaign aims to inspire citizens of the Earth to plant trees to fight climate change and restore habitats. Over 900 million trees have already been planted in India since 2016, many through the efforts of governments, NGOs, corporates, academic institutions, religious groups and individuals. EARTHDAY.ORG visits rural regions to help people understand that the fruit trees they plant will shortly bear fruit to nourish their families and also generate income.
(II) End Plastic Pollution Campaign
While we need to reduce plastic use, managing huge amounts of plastic waste is also a major issue. India generations approximately 5.6 million tons of plastic waste annually. Much of this is not collected, managed, recycled or put to other use. To build awareness, earthday.org India coordinates with:
- Religious leaders to have places of worship declared plastic-free zones
- Municipal corporations to have low-micron plastic bags banned
- Housing societies to educate them to segregate plastic waste
- Large shopping centers to request them to ‘Say No To Plastic Bags’.
- Visitors to not litter beaches, lands, rivers and mountains
(III) Global Climate Literacy Leading to Stewardship Campaign
To work towards our pledge to take environmental literacy to 10 million youth by 2026, we conduct several programs. A five-nation EDN youth conclave showcased innovative strategies adopted by them to green their campuses, homes and communities.
What should we do to save earth
a) Plastic free earth
We should take steps to make earth plastic free- Less use of plastic. Use reusable bags for shopping purpose.
b) Reduce, Reuse and Recycle ♻️
We should reduce the use of plastic, energy sources- water, electricity and another energy sources. Reuse plastic bottles, bags and recycle several used things, metal, clothes etc. Just follow three R’s for protect our earth planet and environment.
c) Conservation of energy sources
Conservation of energy sources that are way to protect the earth. Less use of Energy Sources for example water, electricity and fuel made the earth fulfill of resources we can conserve energy sources for our upcoming generations.
d) Plant more trees
Governments of all countries should formulate a variety of policies for tree plantation and necessary action should be taken on them. It is the duty of every person living on this earth to maintain the natural wealth and to plant more and more trees. Because there is a need to maintain natural wealth and wealth for our future generations. Everyone should vow how many trees we will plant in the whole year .
e) Make people aware
Governments of all countries should make policies that how should we make the citizens of our country aware that we have to maintain it.
d) Reduction of greenhouse gas emission
Smoke from industries pollutes the atmosphere so much that breathing in polluted environments is harmful to health. This smoke emits harmful carbon. All big industries should be in uninhabited places outside the city so that the ill effects on people’s health cannot be read. Programs should be made to do greenhouse gas emission from our environment. If the environment is healthy then the earth will also be healthy.
There should be some communities in all cities that are voluntary Who assume the responsibility of cleaning the cities. This is the first step to keep the earth clean and green.
f) Chemical Polution
Toxic chemicals from industries pollute the earth And destroys the fertility of the earth. This toxic chemical is released in rivers, drains and open places, causing land pollution, water pollution, etc. Toxic water released by industries is harmful to animal and natural wealth. Crops grown around industries are harmful to health because there is a lot of toxic chemicals leak.
Ways to celebrate ‘World Earth Day’ in schools
World Earth Day in schools celebrated in many ways and It is very important that children are taught to celebrate Earth Day By this, children will develop a feeling of keeping their environment clean.
Such activities should be done by the students in the school Such as save water, clean campaign, make the environment dirt free, Saving energy sources, saving electricity and recycle etc. Children should be made aware to plant trees So that one can understand the values of natural wealth in future. Some activities should be done in which children create something with recycled things. Creating bulletin boards, making posters, etc. all increase creativity in children and can be made aware of every initiative to handle them.
There are many ways to celebrate Earth Day, which is celebrated annually on April 22. Some ideas include:
- Planting trees or starting a garden
- Cleaning up litter in your local community
- reducing your use of single-use plastics
- Educating others about environmental issues
- Supporting organizations working to protect the environment
- Making sustainable lifestyle choices, such as using public transportation or biking instead of driving
- Perform an energy audit of your home and make changes to reduce your energy consumption
- supporting eco-friendly businesses
- You can also get involved in any events or activities organized by your local community or any non-profit organizations on this special day.
- Participate in a community cleanup or organize your own.
- Supporting conservation efforts to protect endangered species and their habitats.
- Educating yourself about environmental issues and sharing that knowledge with others.
- Consuming less meat and dairy, which has a significant impact on the environment.
- Reducing water use by taking shorter showers and fixing leaks.
- Recycling and composting as much as possible.
- Supporting renewable energy sources such as solar or wind power.
- Replacing disposables with cloth bags, reusable containers and water bottles.
- Supporting local farmers and buying organic produce.
- Taking a “green” vacation like camping, hiking, or visiting national parks.
- Supporting laws and policies that protect the environment.
- Volunteering for an environmental organization.
- Carpooling or using public transportation.
- Subsidiary companies that are responsible for the environment.
- Reducing your carbon footprint by using energy-efficient appliances and light bulbs.
Short essay on world earth day
World Earth Day is observed every year on 22 April to raise awareness about environmental issues and promote sustainable living. The first Earth Day was celebrated in 1970 and has since become a global movement that brings together people from all walks of life to protect our planet.
The main goal of Earth Day is to educate people about the importance of caring for the environment and encourage them to take action to reduce their environmental impact. The day serves as a reminder that we all share a responsibility to care for our planet and that our actions can make a difference in preserving the Earth for generations to come.
On this day, people participate in various activities like tree plantation, litter cleaning, recycling and advocating eco-friendly practices. Governments, non-profit organizations and private companies also launch initiatives to promote sustainability and reduce carbon emissions.
The theme for Earth Day 2023 is “Restore our Earth”, which emphasizes the importance of restoring ecosystems damaged by human activities. The theme highlights the need for individuals and organizations to take action towards restoring natural habitats, reducing pollution, and promoting sustainable practices.
In conclusion, World Earth Day is a day to celebrate the beauty and diversity of our planet, while also acknowledging the environmental challenges we face. It is a reminder that we must take responsibility for our actions and work together to protect the Earth for generations to come.
Quick links :-