Write an essay on Environmental protection
Introduction of Environment
Environmental protection is current issue globally. Every organism is affected by many outside influences.These influences include soil, air water, temperature , sunlight, wind and many other things. These influences are commonly referred to as environmental conditions. The total of all the environmental conditions acting upon and organism, a community or an object is known as environment. There are many different environments on earth. The mountain environment of the Himalayas is very different from the environment of the Thar desert or the Delta sundarbans.
What is the environment or meaning of environment
In biology and ecology the environment is all of the natural materials and living things, including sunlight. Environment includes the living and nonliving things that an organism interact with or has an effect on it. Trees, plants and animals etc. come under the environment. Today the only reason for life on Earth is possible with the environment. Everything that we are connect with in our daily life is present in the environment, nature has provided us our clean and pure environment it should always be our endeavour to keep it clean.
How do we protect our environment
- To control environment pollution it is most important way to prevent that plant more and more trees because trees provide us fresh and pure Air which is essential for our health.
- Plants consume carbon dioxide and provide us oxygen and maintain the balance of atmosphere.
- Support environmentally sound policies that reduce energy development activities emphasize energy conservation and encourage the use of renewable resources.
- We need to promote recycling of solid and hazardous waste.
- Avoid burning any waste material they increase the amount of carbon dioxide and cause great harm to the environment.
- In industrialized countries, voluntary environmental agreements provide a platform for companies to be recognized for moving beyond minimum benchmarks and thus support the best environmentally protective development. For example, in India, Environment Improvement Trust (EIT) has been working for environment and forest conservation since 1998.
- Aluminium can be recycled from cans, bicycle, computers, cookware, cars, wires, planes and other sources.
- Recycled aluminium uses only 5% of the energy that is needed to make a new aluminium.
- Recycling 1 ton of paper saves 17 trees 7000 gallons of water, 3 cubic yard of landfill space two barrels of oil, and 4100 kilowatt-hours of electricity.
- Recycling paper instead of making it from new material generates 74% less air pollution and uses 50% less water.
Environment Protection Act
- 1986 An Act of the Parliament of India, enacted keeping in view the Bhopal Gas Tragedy. The Government of India enacted the Environment Protection Act of 1986 under Article 253 of the Constitution and passed in May 1986. It came into force on 19 November 1986 and has 26 sections and 4 chapters.
- The purpose of the Act is to implement the decisions of the United Nations Convention on the Human Environment. They are concerned with the protection and improvement of the human environment, the protection of human beings and other living beings, plants and property.
- According to the Act:- The government is permitted to appoint officers to achieve these objectives. It also empowers the government to direct the government to shut down, prohibit or regulate industry and pollution. The Act has provisions for punishment for contravention of the provisions of the Act and rules, orders and directions. It also gives details whether the offense has been committed by any company or government department. It states that the in-charge and the head of the department, respectively, for such offence, shall be liable to punishment.
Read also this:-