Write an essay on Environmental protection
- Write an essay on Environmental protection
- World Environment Day
- Aproaches to environmental protection
- How do we protect our environment
Introduction of Environment
Environmental protection is current issue globally. Every organism is affected by many outside influences.These influences include soil, air water, temperature , sunlight, wind and many other things. These influences are commonly referred to as environmental conditions. The total of all the environmental conditions acting upon and organism, a community or an object is known as environment. There are many different environments on earth. The mountain environment of the Himalayas is very different from the environment of the Thar desert or the Delta sundarbans.
What is the environment or meaning of environment
In biology and ecology the environment is all of the natural materials and living things, including sunlight. Environment includes the living and nonliving things that an organism interact with or has an effect on it. Trees, plants and animals etc. come under the environment. Today the only reason for life on Earth is possible with the environment. Everything that we are connect with in our daily life is present in the environment, nature has provided us our clean and pure environment it should always be our endeavour to keep it clean.
World Environment Day
World Environment Day 2022 is the biggest international day for the environment. Led by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and held annually since 1974, it has grown to be the largest global platform for environmental outreach. It is celebrated by millions of people across the world.
World Environment Day 2022 is hosted by Sweden. “Only One Earth” is the campaign slogan, with the focus on “Living Sustainably in Harmony with Nature”.
Aproaches to environmental protection
voluntary environmental agreement
In industrialized countries, voluntary environmental agreements often provide a platform for companies to be recognised for moving beyond minimum regulatory standards. Thus supporting the development of best environmental practice. For example, in India, Environment Improvement Trust (EIT) has been working for environment and forest conservation since 1998. In developing countries, such as Latin America, these agreements are commonly used to address significant levels of non-compliance.
The resource management and eco-system approach aims to consider resource management and environmental protection as a whole in decision-making rather than responding to specific issues and challenges. This approach ideally supports better exchange of information, development of conflict-resolution strategies, and better territorial protection. Religion also plays an important role in the protection of the environment.
Role of government
Discussions related to environmental protection often focus on the role of government, law, and law enforcement.
Environment protection is the responsibility and duty of all the people and not just the government. The environmental protection program would ideally include a wide range of industry, indigenous groups, environmental groups and community representatives.
Many of Earth’s resources are affected by human impacts in different countries. Agreements are made by governments to reduce or manage the effects of human activity on natural resources. Many efforts are made by countries to develop these activities. This can include agreements that affect factors such as climate, oceans, rivers and air pollution. These international environmental agreements are sometimes legally binding documents.
Environment Protection Act
- 1986 An Act of the Parliament of India, enacted keeping in view the Bhopal Gas Tragedy. The Government of India enacted the Environment Protection Act of 1986 under Article 253 of the Constitution and passed in May 1986. It came into force on 19 November 1986 and has 26 sections and 4 chapters.
- The purpose of the Act is to implement the decisions of the United Nations Convention on the Human Environment. They are concerned with the protection and improvement of the human environment, the protection of human beings and other living beings, plants and property.
- According to the Act:- The government is permitted to appoint officers to achieve these objectives. It also empowers the government to direct the government to shut down, prohibit or regulate industry and pollution. The Act has provisions for punishment for contravention of the provisions of the Act and rules, orders and directions. It also gives details whether the offense has been committed by any company or government department. It states that the in-charge and the head of the department, respectively, for such offence, shall be liable to punishment.
How do we protect our environment
Environmental protection is the practice of protecting the natural environment by individuals, organizations and governments. Its aim is to conserve natural resources and the existing natural environment.
- To control environment pollution it is most important way to prevent that plant more and more trees because trees provide us fresh and pure Air which is essential for our health.
- Plants consume carbon dioxide and provide us oxygen and maintain the balance of atmosphere.
- Support environmentally sound policies that reduce energy development activities emphasize energy conservation and encourage the use of renewable resources.
- We need to promote recycling of solid and hazardous waste.
- Avoid burning any waste material they increase the amount of carbon dioxide and cause great harm to the environment.
- In industrialized countries, voluntary environmental agreements provide a platform for companies to be recognized for moving beyond minimum benchmarks and thus support the best environmentally protective development. For example, in India, Environment Improvement Trust (EIT) has been working for environment and forest conservation since 1998.
- Instead of using your personal vehicle, go for bike or public transport. Vehicle traffic is a major contributor to noise pollution and also to smog.
- Try to use less fertilizer or use organic fertilizers instead because when it rains, fertilizers drain into streams along with rain water.
- Aluminium can be recycled from cans, bicycle, computers, cookware, cars, wires, planes and other sources.
- Recycled aluminium uses only 5% of the energy that is needed to make a new aluminium.
- Recycling 1 ton of paper saves 17 trees 7000 gallons of water, 3 cubic yard of landfill space two barrels of oil, and 4100 kilowatt-hours of electricity.
- Recycling paper instead of making it from new material generates 74% less air pollution and uses 50% less water.
Read also this:-