Most Important current affairs
Welcome to Ritu’s Academy. Here we are providing Daily current affairs of September 2021. For preparation of competitive exams eg. UPSC, IAS, IPS Banking, Railway and Teaching and other states civil services / government job recruitment examinations of India. Lets start:-
- Most Important current affairs
- Amul ranked 18th in Rabobank 2021 Global Dairy Top 20 report
- Paralympics 2020: Mariyappan Thangavelu wins silver in men’s high jump
- IIT Madras announces online platform ‘e-source’
- Paralympics 2020: Sinhraj Adhana wins bronze medal in 10m air pistol
- ‘Mera Kaam Mera Maan’ scheme to be launched for unemployed youth in Punjab
- Neurosurgeon Dr Basant Mishra conferred with prestigious AANS Award
Amul ranked 18th in Rabobank 2021 Global Dairy Top 20 report
Indian dairy brand Amul has achieved a big achievement. Amul has become the first Indian company to be included in the list of Top 20 Dairy Global Companies. Amul is the first Indian company to do so. Amul is at number 16 in the list of top 20. This list has been issued by Rabobank. Amul is the dairy brand of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF). It has been ranked 16th in the list of Global Top 20 Dairy Companies by Dutch Financial Services Company.
Paralympics 2020: Mariyappan Thangavelu wins silver in men’s high jump
Mariyappan Thangavelu of India won the silver medal in the men’s high jump T42/T63 category at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics by successfully surpassing the height of 1.86 meters. His Indian teammate Sharad Kumar won the bronze medal in the T42 category by crossing 1.83m. Sam Grewe of USA (T63 category) won the gold medal with a distance of 1.88 metres. This is Mariyappan Thangavelu’s second Paralympic medal, having won gold at the Rio 2016 Games.
IIT Madras announces online platform ‘e-source’
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras is working on developing an innovative digital model to address the problem of e-waste (electronic waste). The digital platform named ‘e-Source’ will act as an exchange platform to serve as an online marketplace for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
what is e-source platform
- The platform will connect various stakeholders (buyers and sellers) of used and waste electronic components and components in both the formal and informal economy.
- The initiative is being led by the Indo-German Center for Sustainability (IGCS), a center established at IIT Madras in 2010 at the initiative of the German and Indian governments.
Paralympics 2020: Sinhraj Adhana wins bronze medal in 10m air pistol
- At the Tokyo Paralympics 2020, Indian shooter Singhraj Adana has won a bronze medal in the P1 Men’s 10m Air Pistol SH1 Final on August 31, 2021. Adhana scored a total of 216.8 and finished third.
- In the finals, defending champions Chao Yang (237.9 – Paralympic record) and Huang Xing (237.5) of China won the gold and silver medals respectively.
‘Mera Kaam Mera Maan’ scheme to be launched for unemployed youth in Punjab
The Punjab cabinet approved a new scheme that will help unemployed youth in the state to hone their skills and increase their chances of getting a job. These youth will be given free short-term skill training under the “Mera Kaam Mera Maan” scheme of the state government. A target of 30,000 beneficiaries has been proposed at a cost of Rs.90 crore.
What is meant by “Mera Kaam Mera Maan” scheme
- The scheme also provides employment support allowance of Rs.2,500 per month for a period of 12 months from the beginning of the training course to be conducted at Punjab Skill Development Mission training centres.
- The allowance will be given during the pre-placement and post-placement periods of 12 months from the date of the start of the program, during the training period, and after successful completion of the training.
Neurosurgeon Dr Basant Mishra conferred with prestigious AANS Award
Dr Basant Kumar Mishra, a neurosurgeon from Odisha, has been conferred with the prestigious American Association of Neurological Surgeons’ International Lifetime Achievement Award in Neurosurgery. He is the first Indian doctor to receive the AANS honor, which was conferred on him in a virtual ceremony during the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting 2021 held in Orlando, Florida. He was the first surgeon in the world to perform computer-guided aneurysm surgery.