Monthly current affairs 2021:- For preparation of competitive exams eg. UPSC, IAS, IPS Banking, Railway and Teaching etc. Lets start:-
• Nagaland has launched its first sir cargo services from Dimapur Airport.
• Axis Bank has Partnered with Whatsapp to offer basic banking services to its customers.
• National Safety Day is observed on 4th March.• World Hearing Day is observed on 3rd March.
•Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated hostels for scheduled tribe and scheduled caste students in the state.
• Kuldeep Singh has given an additional charge of CRPF director general after AP Maheshwari retires.
• Uttarakhand chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched ” Gharoki Pahchan , Chelik naam” ( daughter’s name is a home identity) program.
- With ADB India has signed a USD 231 million loan agreement to augment electricity generation capacity in the state of Assam through construction of a 120 megawatt hydroelectric power plant.
- Nitin Gadkari has announced that a Multi model logistics Park will be construct in Silchar, Assam.
- 8th edition of North East festival will be held in Guwahati, Assam- Growth agenda for North East post covid-19.
- 51st Director General level border co-ordination conference between border security force and border guard Bangladesh :- Guwahati.
- Assam signed a memorandum of understanding with small industries development Bank of India to boost the Micro Small Medium (MSME) sector in the state.
- Ligia Noronha has appointed by United Nation Chief Antonio Guterres as assistant secretary general and head of the New York office of the United Nations Environment Program. *She will succeed fellow Indian and development economist Satya Tripathi. United Nations Environment Program founded at 5 June 1972 and it’s headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Executive director of UNEP is Inger Anderson from Denmark.
- Export import Bank of India (Exim Bank) has extended line of credit of $ 7.35 million to Nicaragua country for replacement and supply of equipment of the high technology center of hospital Antonio Lenin Fonseca.
- Maritime India Summit 2021 is being organised by the Ministry of Port, Shipping and Waterways. Denmark country is the partner country for the Summit.
- Dipika Padukone has been roped by Levi’s as its Global Brand Ambassador.
- AU Small Finance Bank has appointed Sharad Goklani as President and CTO.
- Mumbai, Banglore, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Delhi have been shortlisted for to host 2021 lPL .
- The third and final edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2021 in West Bengal organized by the ministry of culture, Government of India began on 27th february 2021 at Murshidabad, West Bengal.
- All India Football Federation has confirmed Odisha as the venue for the forthcoming Hero Indian Women’s League 2020-21 edition. All India Football Federation founded at 23 June 1937 & Its headquarters at Delhi. Praful Patel is the President of All India Football Feration.
- Secratary of Department of Economic Affairs Tarun Bajaj has been given additional charge of department of revenue.
- In Boxing, Deepak Kumar (52 kg) won the Silver Medal at the 72nd Strandja Memorial Tournament in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C51 successfully launched Amazonia-1(Brazil) along with 18 co-passenger satellite from Satish Dhawan Space center SHAR, Sriharikota. *Amazonia-1 is the optical Earth observation satellite of National Institute for Space Research.* PSLV-C51/Amazonia-1 is the first dedicated commercial mission of NewSpace India Limited , a Govt of India company under Department of Space. *PSLV-C51 is the 53rd flight of PSLV.
- DRDO’s ‘Sindhu Netra’ surveillance satellite has been deployed in space, will help to monitor Indian Ocean Region.
- Matam Venkata Rao has been appointed as Managing Director & CEO of Central Bank of India for a period of three years.
- G Y V Victor has assumed charge as the Managing Director and Chief Executive officer of Dredging Corporation of India Ltd & It is founded at 9 March 1976 . Its headquarters at Vishakhapatnam.
- Zero Discrimination day is celebrated every year on 1st March.
- A new book ” Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Power: 5 Battleguards” is authored by Rajiv Malhotra.
- Pacer Vinay Kumar has announced his retirement from all forms of Cricket.
- Reserve Bank of India has extended the deadline for New Umbrella Entity applications to March 31st 2021.
- An Indian company Omega Selki will setup the electric vehicle plant in Bangladesh. The manufacturing unit will be setup near Dhaka with an investment of Rs.100 Crore.
- Sports ministry restored recognition for the Gymnastics Federation of India, which was de-recognised in 2011.
- Hyundai Motor India Ltd has bagged the,”Indian car of the year 2021″ award for its 120 car .
- For the first time in fisheries sector, Government of India awarded best performing amongst Hilly and North-east states for 2019-20 to Assam.
- Tarun Gogoi is passed away recently. He was the former chief minister of Assam.
- Sayed Anwar Taimur has passed away recently. She was the only woman chief minister of Assam.
- Vinesh Phogat defeated world number seven Vanesa Kaladzinskaya of Belarus in the finals to win the Gold Medal.
- A book “Advantage India: The Story of Indian Tennis” is authored by Anindya Dutta.
- SBI general insurance and Indian Overseas Bank has signed bancassurance agreement.
- International Yoga Festival has been started in Rishikesh.
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of February 2021 is Rs. 1,13,143 Crore.
- Jaideep Bhatnagar takes over as Principal Director General, Press Information Bureau.
- 45th Civil Accounts Day was celebrated on 1st March.
- Parmod Chandra Mody has been appointed as chairman of the Central Board of Director Taxes.
- The theme of the National Science Day is “Future of STI: Impact on Education, Skills and Work”.
- Russia country has launched its space satellite “Arktika-M” on a mission to monitor the climate and environment in the Arctic.
- The Indian Air Force will participate for the first time in exercise “Dessert Flag” in AL- Dhafra air base in UAE.
- World Custom organization recognised Central Revenues Control Laboratory, New Delhi as a regional custom laboratory for Asia Pacific.
- World Wildlife Day is observed on 3rd March. Theme: ” Forest and Livelihood: Sustaining People and Planet”.
- A new passenger train service between Dhaka and New Jalpaiguri is set to start from 26th of March.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation board has approved sale of the 61.65 percent stake in Numaligarh refinery for 9,875 Crore Rupees.
- Rajya sabha TV and Lok sabha TV have been merged and now it will be known as Sansad TV. Ravi Kapoor has been appointed as it’s chief executive officer.
- Telangana Gramin Bank and Andhra Pradesh Gramin Vikas Bank have launched digital saving account opening for new customers through a video- KYC ( Know Your customer) process.
- Delhi Airport once again emerged as the Best airport in ACI-ASQ award for 2020.
- Indian buisness tycoon and Asia’s Richest man Mukesh Ambani continues to top the Hurun India rich list 2021 with a net worth of $85 billion.
- Anantpuram, Andhra Pradesh district has been chosen for the Prime Minister Kisan National Award as it completed 99.6 percent physical verification of the beneficiaries under the Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Andhra Pradesh state government has launched “Padalandariki Illu” scheme ( housing for the poors).
- Arup Kumar Goswami was sworn in the Chief Justice of the Andhra Pradesh High court by Biswa Bhushan Harichandan.
- Andhra Pradesh state government has launched the ” Jagnanna Thodi” scheme to provide intrest free loan to small traders and artisans.
- With NDB, Government of India has signed a loan agreement of upto USD 646 million for Andhra Pradesh roads and bridges reconstruction project and mandal connectivity and rural connectivity improvement project.
- The Air Force has conducted the,” Surface to air combined guided weapon firing” exercise at Air Force station Suryalanka.
- Export-import Bank of India (Exim Bank)has linked a USD 10.40 million loan deal with Eswatini, Switzerland for the construction of disaster recovery site.
- V K Sarswat member of NITI Ayog and former director general of DRDO has inaugurated a state of art center for Dron Research at Indian institute of technology Roorkee.
- Six times World champion Mary Kom has been appointed as the Chairperson of the International Boxing Association Champions and Veterans Committee.
• Nagaland has launched ” I- Learn” a capacity building and performance tracking app for Community Health Officers. • International Transgender day of visibility is observed on 31st March.
• Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 6th annual meeting of the board of the governors of Development bank.
• India will participate in the France- Led Naval drill “La Perouse” for the first time in the way of Bengal. Australia, Japan and USA will also participate in La Perouse.• Noted Marathi writer Dr. SharanKumar Limbale will receive Saraswati Samman 2020 for his book Sanatan.
• A book “1232 km: A Long Journey Home” is authored by Vinod Kapri.
• Mahinder Giri is the name of the only ranger from Asia who has won the Prestigious International Ranger award for his contribution towards conservation.
• Virat Kohli has become the third captain to lead India in 200 International matches.
• World’s First Ship Tunnel is being made in Norway. • Laszlo Lovasz and Avi Wigderson both has been awarded ‘Abel Prize’ for 2021.
• Anish Saha will take over as the Managing Director and CEO of Mahindra and Mahindra.
• Lewis Hamilton has won the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix title.
• Uttar Pradesh state government has approved affordable Rental housing and complexes scheme for urban migrants/ poor labourers.
• Sassou Nguesso is the name of president of republic of Congo.
• ‘Girl Gang’ a track by singer Gin Wigmore, has been announced as the official song of the 2022 ICC women’s World Cup and she is from Newzealand.
• Ministery of AYUSH has set up an interdisciplinary team of experts to explore the potential of Yoga as a productivity enhancing tool for the population.
• Yogasan sport for both male and female categories have been included in khelo India Youth Games, 2021.
• Sanjeev Kumar has been appointed as the chairman of Airports Authority of India.
• Vivek Murthy is the name of Indian- American Physician Who has been confirmed by the Senate as President Joe Biden’s Sergeon General. • The Governments has extended the term of Principal Scientific advisor K. VijayRaghvan by a year.
• NV Ramana will be the 48th Chief Justice of India.
• Indian coast guard ship ‘Vajra’ was commissioned by General Bipin Rawat, chief of Defence staff at kattu palli in Chennai.
• International day for the Eliminating Racial Discrimination is observed on 21 March and it’s theme is ” Youth Standing Up against Racism”.
• Well known Hindi writer Professor Sharad Pagare will be conferred with the prestigious Vyas Samman 2020 for his novel ” Patilputra ki samragi”.
• ESAF Small Finance Bank has been awarded the “Great Place to Work” certification by the Great Place to Work Institute. • “The clock is ticking” theme of World Tuberculosis (TB) day. It is observed on 24 March.
• Vice President M Venkaya has released the book “Bringing Government and People Closer”. It is authored by M Ramachandran.
• World Meteorological day is observed on 23 March and it’s theme is ” The Ocean, Our Climate and Weather”.
• China has the strongest military forces in the world while India stands at number four. According to a study released by defence website military direct USA is on second place.
• Nozomi Okuhara won the all England women’s title by defeating Thailand’s Pornpawee Chochuwong. She’s from Japan.
• Lee Zii Jia has won the all England men’s title by defeating Denmark’s Viktor Axleson. He is from Malaysia.
• Ganemat Sekhon has won a Skeet medal in the shooting world cup at the Dr. karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad. It was the first ever world cup medal for India in women’s Skeet.
• Successfull test fired a new version of the surface to surface Nuclear- capable ballistic missile (Stand off Anti-Tank) “Shaurya” at the Balasore, off the coast of Odisha.
• SCO announced to conduct ‘pubbi Anti terror 2021’ exercise.- SCO stands for Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.- ‘Pubbi Anti-Terror 2021’ will be a joint anti terrorism exercise.- India Pakistan and China will be participat in this exercise. Vladimir Norov is the secretary general.
1. V K Saraswat has inaugurated state of art center for Drone Research at Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT) Roorkee.
2.” Hearing care for all” is the theme of world hearing day. It is observed on 3rd March.
3. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank announced opening of two new Kendriya vidyalaya in the state of Karnataka and Punjab.
4. The governor of Tripura, Ramesh Bias has inaugurated the Udaipur Science Center at Udaipur, Tripura.
5. Manpreet Vohra has been appointed as India’s next high commissioner to Australia.
6. Care rating has announced the appointment of Sachin Gupta as its chief rating officer.
7. Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced a memorandum of understanding with the Indian Army for salary account.
8. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has hold a virtual summit with Stephen Lofven. He is the prime minister of Sweden.
9. United Nation General Assembly has adopted India’s resolution to declare 2023 as International year of Millets.
10. Hardeep Singh Puri Minister of state housing and urban affairs announced the release of the final ranking of Ease of living index 2020. Bengaluru city has topped in the million plus category and Shimla city has topped in the less then million category.
11. India has attracted total FDI inflow of $ 65.54 billion during April to December 2020. It is highest ever for the first ninth month of a financial year and 22% higher as a compared to the first month of 2019-20. ( $ 55.14 )
12. “A combined Commanders” conference has been started at Kevadia Gujrat state.
13. The government has set up a high level National committee headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to commemorate 75 years of India’s independence.
14. 30th Bihari puraskar for 2020 will be given to Mohan Krishna bohara for his Hindi book titled Taslima: Sangharsh aur sahitya.
15. Education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has inaugurated the Delhi World Book fair 2021 virtual edition.
16. Indian Shuttlers Varun Kapoor and Malvika Bansod have won the men’s and women’s singles titles respectively at the 2021 Uganda International in Kampala.
17. India has inked pact with Phillipines for sale of ‘Defence equipment’.
18. Drug major Glenmark Pharma has signed Rohit Sharma as brand ambassador for its product candid powder.
19. With ICICI Bank, PNB Housing Finance tied up for a strategic co- lending service that will facilitate retail home loan at compititive rate.
20. United Nations environment programme release the food waste index report 2021. This report estimates that around 931 million Tonnes of food waste was generated in 2019.
21. Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat won gold medal Matteo Pellicone ranking series event in Rome.
22. Indian boxer Manish Kaushik has won the gold medal in the 63 kg category by defeating Nikolai Terteryan in the 35th Boxam International Tournament in the Castellon, Spain. – India has finished with 10 Medals including one Gold in Boxam International the first edition of Boxam Tournament was held in Almeria in 1976.
23. In badminton, Rio Olympics gold medalist carolina marin of spain defeated olympic silver medalist P V Sindhu in the women’ s singles final of the swiss open at Basel.
24. Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen has won the men’s singles title of swiss open by defeating Thailand’s Kunlavut Vitidsarn.
25. International women’s day is observed on 8 March. Its theme is ”women in leadership: achieving an equal future in a covid-19 world.
26. Prime Minister Narender Modi has dedicated to the nation the 7500 Jan Aushadhi kendra at north eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Science in Shilong and its aim to provide quality medicines at an affordable price. – From 86 centers in 2014 the number of stores under the scheme has grown to 7500, covering all districts of country. -Government will increase the number of Jan Aushadhi stores to ten thousand by 2024. – To create more awareness about ”Jan Aushadhi” an entire week from 1st to 7th March was celebrated as ”Jan Aushadhi Week” across the nation. -Its theme is -”Jan Aushadhi, Seva bhi Rojgar bhi”- The last day of the week 7th march has been celebrated as ”Jan Aushadhi Diwas”.
27. Aanya Goyal a 13 years old Indian Origin school girl has become the youngest to be selected for the Britain Team which will compete at the Prestigious European Girls, Mathematical Olympiad to hosted by Gorgia.
28. Board of Control for cricket in India announce the schedule for The 14th edition of Indian premier league 2021 to be held in India.- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata hosting the event.
29. Well noun Kannada poet, critic and translator and N S Lakshmi Narayana Bhatta has passed away recently he was 85 Years old.
30. National payment Corporation of India and SBI payments have Partnered to launch ” RuPay SoftPoS” for Indian merchants.
31. Reliance foundation chairperson Neeta Mukesh Ambani has launched a social media platform “Her circle” aimed at empowering women.
32. In wrestling World championship bronze medalist Bajrang Punia has won a gold medal By defeating Tulga Tumur Ochir of Mongolia in the Matteo Pallicone world ranking series event in Rome.
33. Minister of state for external affairs V Murlidharan unveiled two of the passport sewa kendra PSKs to be transformed as All women PSKs. – One PSK is at RK Puram Bikhaji Cama place in new Delhi and another at Tripunithura Cochin, Kerala.
34. Prime minister Narendra Modi has chaired the first meeting of the National Committee to commemorate 75 years of independence as the ‘Azadi ka Mahotsav’.
35. HDFC Bank has announced the launch of ‘Smartup Unnati’ a dedicated program for mentoring women entrepreneurs by women leaders at the bank.
36. Veteran Indian athlete Ishar Singh Deol has passed away recently, he achieved the Dhyan Chand National Sports award. He was 91 years old.
37. Former Rajasthan Governor Anshuman Singh has passed away. He was 86 years old.
38. Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs notified that e- invoicing will be mandatory for business to business transactions for taxpayers having turnover of over Rs. 50 Crore from April 1, 2021.
39. Minister of state for Culture Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the ” All women’s Art Exibition tittled ‘ Akshay Patra’ at Rabindra Bhavan Galleries of Lalit Kala Academy, India’s National Academy of Art.
40. Commerce and industry minister Piyush Goyal announced project Development cell for Biotechnology.