Most important current affairs
Monthly current affairs 2021:- Read and download PDF for preparation of exams eg. UPSC, IAS, IPS Banking, Railway and Teaching etc. Lets start:-
1. India has ranked 86th in a corona virus performance index comprising 98 countries
2. According to the performance index complied by the Sydney- based Lowy institute, newzealand handled the Pandemic more effectively than any other country in the world, while Brazil sits at the bottom of the list.
3. BCCI secretary Jay Shah was elected the president of the Asian cricket council (ACC) . He has replaced BCB President Nazmul Hasan and is the youngest administrator to be appointed ACC president. Amitabh Chaudhary is the chairman of ACC.
4. Economic survey for 2020-21, pegged the real GDP to be at 11% to the next fiscal.
5. This year for the first time the union budget will only be available in the digital format and can also be assessed through mobile app UNION BUDGET both on android and IOS platform.
6. Nepal has decided to award the contract for construction of 679 megawatt of lower Arun Hydropower Project to India’s Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam.
7. Indian coast guard celebrated its 45th Raising day on 1 February 2021. It was founded at 1st February 1977.
Its headquarters at New Delhi. The name of its director general is Krishna Swamy Natarajan.
8. Union minister for women and child development and textile Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the eighth edition of India international silk fair virtually. The fair is considered to be India’s biggest silk fair, being held under one roof on Indian silk export promotion council’s virtual platform from 31st January to 4th February 2021.
9. India rank 10th out of 11 Asia Pacific countries in a newly launched health index to measure the progress towards personalized health care. Singapore first, Taiwan 2nd, Japan 3rd, Australia 4th also performed well in all over readiness. Economist intelligence unit report “Asia pacific personalized health index” measure the readiness of 11 health system across the region- Australia, China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand and Newzealand.
10. The government has approved the Rs.946 crore Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) for the period 2021-25 to offer early stage funding to startup.Implementing Body- Department for promotion of industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). It will implements on 1st April 2021.
11. RBI said the license of Maharashtra based Shivam Sahkari Bank has been cancelled as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
12. ‘Wetlands and water’ is the theme of world’s wetlands day . It is observed on 2nd February.
13. Chandi Prasad Mohanty has assumed the appointment of the vice chief of the Army staff on 1st February 2021.
14. World leprosy day was observed on 31st January.
15. A book “Yes man: The Untold story of Rana Kapoor” is authored by Pavan C Lal.
16. Tamilnadu has lifted the coveted Sayed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy after defeating Broda by seven wickets in the final at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad.
17. Lucknow metro has become the first metro in the country to use ultraviolet (UV) rays to sanitise train coaches.
18. Ranji trophy is related to cricket.Thomas Cup is related to Badminton.Roberts Cup and Santosh Trophy is related to Football. Agha Khan Cup and Dhyan Chand Trophy is related to Hockey.
19. Indian -American Bhavya Lal was appointed by NASA as the acting chief of Staff of the US space agency. Washington DC is the headquarters of the National Aeronautics Space Administration (NASA).
20. Babul Supriyo has announced the establishment of center for wetlands conservation and management, as a part of the National center for sustainable Coastal Management Chennai. He is the minister of the state environment forest and climate change.
21. Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal has launched two schemes ‘Pragyan Bharti and Bhasha Gourav’ to provide monetary assistant to college students and literary bodies of the state.
22. Punjab chief minister captain Amrinder Singh has launched the “Har ghar Pani, Har ghar safai” mission as part of the government campaign to accomplish the goal of 100% portable piped water supply in all rural households.
23. Defence minister Rajnath Singh will inaugurate the 13th edition of Aero India 2021 at Yelahanka air force station Bangluru, Karnataka.
24. Cabinet has approved privatization of steel maker Rashtriya Ispat Nigam ltd. It was started at 1982 and it’s headquarters at Vishakhapatnam. Pradosh kumar it’s chairman MD.
25. Y Vishvanath Gowd has been appointed as the managing director and chief executive officer of LIC housing finance Ltd.
26. Reserve Bank of India appointed an external professional IT firm for carrying out a special audit of HDFC entire IT infrastructure.
27. 16th edition of Indo- US joint military exercise Youth Abhyas will be held at Mahajan field firing range in Rajasthan.
28. According to the celebrity brand valuation study 2020 released by Duff and Phelps, Virat Kohli has been ranked as the most valuable celebrity for the fourth consecutive year in 2020 with a brand value of USD 237.7 million and the second and third spot have gone to hindi film actor Akshay Kumar and Ranveer Singh .
29. According to statistics released by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) in December 2020 and cited by the World Health organization, breast cancer has now surpassed lung cancer as the world’s commonly diagnosed cancer. The formation year of international Agency for Research on Cancer is 20 may 1965 and the headquarters at Lyon, France.
30. To boost the safety of farmers crops and ensure maximum benefits of crops insurance reaches to farmers, the government of India has allocated rs. 16000 crore for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana for the fiscal year 2021- 22.
31. S N Subramanian has been appointed Chairman of the National Safety Council for a period of three years.
32. A book “Platform scale: For a post Pandemic world” has been written by Sangeet Paul Chaudhary.
33. International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is observed on 6 February.
34. Monetary Policy Committee has decided to keep the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility unchanged at 4.0%.
35. California based fintech platform paypal will shut domestic business in India from 1 April 2021.
36. Federal Bank has announced the launch of “Fedfirst” a special saving accounts for children below 18 years of age. Federal Bank founded at 23 April 1931 and it’s headquarters at Aluva, Kochi, Kerala. Its M D and CEO is Shyam Shrinivasan.
37. Akhtar Ali a former Davis cup coach and a legendary figure in Indian tennis, passed away recently. He was 83 years old.
38. England Skipper Joe Root became the first cricketer to score a double century in his 100th test.
39. Central Bank of Shri Lanka has agreed a $400 million currency swap facility from the Reserve Bank of India.
40. Prime minister shree Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of two hospitals and launched ‘Asom Mala’ a programme for state highway and major district roads at Dhekiajuli in Sonitpur district, Assam.
41. Rishabh Pant has won the ICC’s inaugural player of the month award for his superlative performances in the two tests against Australia in January.
42. South Africa’s Shabnim Ismail has been named as the “ICC women’s player of the month”.
43. International cricket council has signed indian edtech startup Byju’s as global partner for three years, from 2021 to 2023.
44. Prime minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the World Sustainable Development Summit 2021on 10th February. The theme of the summit is ” Redefining our common future: safe and secure environment for all”. The 20th edition of Energy and Resources Institute’s flagship event, World Sustainable Development Summit was held online from 10th to 12th February 2021.
45. Nigerian economist Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been chosen as the next Director General of the World Trade Organization.
46. United Nations Secretary-general Antonio Guterres re-appointed Michael Bloomberg as his special envoy on climate ambition and solutions.
47. Former US secretary of state, George Shultz has passed away recently. He was 100 years old.
48. World Pulses day observed on 10th February.
49. Uttar Pradesh government has been introduced a system of issuing a unique 16- digit unicode to mark all the kinds of land holding in the state.
50. Bank of Maharashtra has entered into a strategic co-lending agreement for MSME loans with loanTap Credit products pvt.ltd, a Pune based non- banking finance company. Bank of Maharashtra founded at 16 September 1935 and it’s headquarters at Pune. A S Rajeev is MD and CEO of this Bank.
51. Digital payment platform PhonePe has partnered with Axis Bank on a unified payment interface multi-bank model. Axis Bank founded at 1993. Its headquarters at Mumbai, Maharashtra. Amitabh Chaudhary is MD & CEO of Axis Bank and the chairman is Rakesh Makhija.
52. Madhya Pradesh’s Sunil Dawar broke a twenty four years old a record when he won the under 20 men’s 5000 metre gold in the National Junior Athletics Championships in 14 minutes 13.95 seconds at the Surujasai Stadium.
53. India slipped two places to 53rd position in the 2020 Democracy index’s global ranking according to the economist Intelligence unit. Norway country has topped.
54. Ashok Dinda is related to cricket sports. 55. Ajay Singh has been re-elected as president of the Boxing Federation of India.
Most Important Question Answers of February 2021 current affairs:-
Question:- Who has elected the president of the Asian cricket council (ACC) ?
Answer:- Jay Shah
question:- Who inaugurated the eighth edition of India international silk fair virtually?
Answer:- Union minister for women and child development and textile Smriti Zubin Irani
Question:- India’s rank at Asia Pacific countries health index to measure the progress towards personalized health care.
Answer:- 10th out of 11
Question:- Who has launched two schemes ‘Pragyan Bharti and Bhasha Gourav’?
Answer:- Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal
Question:- Who has written a book “Platform scale: For a post Pandemic world”?
Answer:- Sangeet Paul Chaudhary.