Updated 13 August 2021
Most important current affairs
Welcome to Ritu’s Academy. Here we are providing Monthly current affairs August 2021. For preparation of competitive exams eg. UPSC, IAS, IPS Banking, Railway and Teaching and other states civil services / government job recruitment examinations of India. Lets start:-
Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower at Ladakh
Indian Air Force has built one of the world’s highest mobile Air Traffic Control (ATC) tower at Ladakh. The air traffic control tower controls operation of the fixed wing aircraft and helicopters operating in the Eastern Ladakh region.
First state to recognise Forest Resource Right
Chhattisgarh state became first state to recognise Forest Resource Right in urban regions.
• Under Forest Resource Right act- 2006, community forest resource right gives gram sabhas the right to protect, regenrate or conserve or manage any forest resources used by community or village people.
India’s first Internet Governance Forum
Ministry of electronics and information technology has announced to organise India’s first internet governance forum. Its motive is to engage the students and youth for their participation in October event and prepare the next generation to be part if policy formation.
Cruise Missile Nirbhay
•DRDO organisation has successfully test-fired medium range subsonic cruise missile nirbhay from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur off Odisha Coast.
• Nirbhaya India’s first indigenous Technology Cruise Missile.The missile can launched from multiple platforms.
Ending violence against children
UNICEF India and Facebook social media company have launched a one-year initiative on ending violence against children.Its aim to improve children’s resilience and capacity to assess the digital world safety increase awareness on violence against children and its impact on children families and communities.
Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the next installment of financial benefits under Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi. The scheme was introduced in 2018.
Indian Institute of Heritage
The ministry of culture has decided to set up the the Indian institute of heritage at Noida, Gautam Buddha Nagar.
Global youth development index
India has ranked 122nd in the 2020 Global Youth Development index which measures the status of young people in 181 countries around the world. Singapore ranked top for the first time followed by Slovenia country.
International Youth Day
The International Youth Day is observed on 12 August. It was decided by the United Nations General Assembly on 17 December 1999 that International Youth Day would be celebrated on 12 August. International Youth Day was first organized in the year 2000.
Theme of the international youth day 2021 :-
The theme of International Youth Day 2021 is Transforming Food Systems – Youth Innovation for Human and Planetary Health, which aims to highlight that the success of such a global effort will not be achieved without the meaningful participation of young people.
Javelin Throw Day
The Athletics Federation of India has decided the javelin throw day will be on 7 August every year in honour of Gold Medalist Neeraj Chopra.
World biofuel day
World Biofuel Day is observed on 10 August.
World Lion Day
The world lion Day is observed on 10 August.
National edible oil mission
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a Rs. 11000 crore National edible oil mission-oil palm to make India self reliant in edible oils. This financial outlay for the National Mission on Edible Oil-Oil Palm (NMEO-OP) will be over a five-year period.
ISRO launch satellite
ISRO will launch Bhutan countries satellite- INS 2B
Asian Development Bank
Asian Development Bank has approved USD 300 million loan as additional financing for Maharashtra rural connectivity improvement project.
International army games 2021 Russia
A 101 members contingent of the Army will participate in the international Army Games 2021 in Russia from August 22 to September 4. In the 7th edition of the games more than 280 teams from 42 countries would participate.
Karnataka became first state to order issue implementing national education policy 2020
Karnataka became first state in India to order issue implementing on National Education Policy 2020 with effect from current academic year 2021-22.
International Indigenous day
International Day of the world’s indigenous people Day is observed on 9th August.
Har Hith Store scheme
Haryana State Government has released the ‘Har Hit Store’ scheme to promote entrepreneurship and to generate employment opportunities. This scheme has been started by ‘Har Hit Agro’ Industries Corporation Limited. Which will be implemented under direct supervision. Through this scheme, facilities like skill training, IT support, logistic service, purchase of products, in-store fit-out will be provided for opening agro retail stores.
Bajrang Punia won Bronze Medal
India’s star wrestler Bajrang Punia created history by winning the Bronze medal in the men’s freestyle 65 kg category wrestling event of the Tokyo Olympics 2020 Games. He defeated Kazakhstan’s Doulet Niyazbekov 8-0 in a one-sided match.
Neeraj Chopra wins medal
Neeraj Chopra wins Gold medal in Javelin throw in Tokyo Olympics 2020. Its country’s 1st Gold medal after 13 years. Neeraj Chopra threw the javelin with a best distance of 87.58.
National Handloom Day
• On the national handloom day, Flipkart’s partnership will enable Himachal Pradesh’s master craftsmen, weavers, and artisans to showcase their hallmark products.
•The Ministry of Textile celebrated National handloom day on 7 August 2021, Saturday.
•The Swadeshi Movement was started on this day at the Calcutta Town Hall in 1905 to protest the partition of Bengal by the British Government. That is why August 7 is celebrated as National Handloom Day.
Zoological survey of India
• Dhriti Banerjee has become the first woman to be appointed as Director of 100 years of Zoological survey of India.
• In Kolkata is the headquarter of zoological survey of India.
Indian men’s Hockey team wins medal
Indian men hockey team created history by defeating Germany 5-4 to win a bronze in Tokyo Olympic.
Uttrakhand Bhukamp Alert app
• IIT Roorkee Developed Earthquake Early Warning Mobile App: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has launched the mobile application ‘Uttarakhand Earthquake Alert’ app. Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority, Disaster Management Department and Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee together have created this app.
• Through this app, you will get the warning of the earthquake before its arrival. Uttarakhand is the first state to make this app (Uttarakhand Becomes First State To Launch Earthquake Alert App), it will help in public safety.
Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday (August 6, 2021) announced that the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award will hereafter be called Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award.
International Solar Alliance Framework
• Germany became the 5th country to sign the International solar Alliance Framework agreement after amendment to it entered into force in 8th January is here, opening its membership to all member states of the United Nation.
• Its motive is to work for efficient consumption of solar energy for reducing dependence on fossil fuel and contribute to the implementation Paris climate agreement through massive deployment of solar energy.
• A book titled “A Begum & a Rani : Hazrat Mahal and Rani Lakshmibai in 1857 ” authored by Rudrangshu Mukherjee.
• This book explores the lives of Begum Hazrat Mahal of Avadh and Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi.
Ravi Dahiya wins silver medal in Olympics 2021
Ravi Dahiya won silver medal in wrestling Mens 57 kg event in Tokyo Olympics 2020. He is from Nahri, Sonipat (Haryana).
Fortune Global 500 list
• 7 Indian companies find place in Fortune Global 500 list 2021and 143 Chinese Companies, 122 U.S. Companies and 53 Japanese Companies are in the list . The Fortune Global 500 list is an annual ranking of the top 500 enterprises globally as measured by business revenue.
• Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance company is at 155th position.
Samagra Shiksha Scheme
•The Cabinet Committee in its meeting has approved to carry forward the revised Samagra Shiksha Scheme 2.0 for 5 years from April 2021 to March 2026.
• Rs.294,283.04 crore will be spent on this scheme, including the central share of Rs. 1,85,398.32 crore.
• It will cover 11.6 lakh government and government aided schools, 15.6 crore children and 57 lakh teachers.
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Auto-pay facility
ICICI prudential Life insurance has partnered with the government payments corporations- ‘National Payments Corporation of India’ (NPCI) to provide the unified payment interface (UPI) Auto- pay facilities to customers. It will allow customers to buy their insurance policies and make premium payments digitally.
Border road organisation (BRO)
Border Road Organisation has constructed a black-topped the highest motorable road in the world at 19,300 ft at Umlingla Pass in Eastern Ladakh, creating a record in high altitude road construction. It now connects the important towns in the Chumar sector of eastern Ladakh.
loan agreement of World Bank
India and World Bank have signed $250 million loan agreement to make existing dams safe and resilient.
Indo Russian training exercise
The Indo Russian joint training exercise Indira 2021 commenced at Rudboy Ranges, Volgograds at 4 August 2021
Mirabai chanu wins medal
Mirabai Chanu won medal in Olympics 2020 in weightlifting 49 kg category. She became the first weightlifter to win a Silver medal for India. India got a medal in weightlifting after 21 years. Earlier, Karnam Malleswari had won the bronze medal for India in the Sydney Olympics 2000.
lovlina wins bronze medal in Olympics
•Assam’s Lovlina Borgohain won the bronze medal in boxing at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
•Lovlina becomes only third Indian boxer to win the Olympics medal.
•suremeneli defeated lovlina to enter the final Olympics.
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Bill 2021
On August 3, 2021, Parliament passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2021 after the Rajya Sabha cleared the bill amid protests.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the digital payment voucher e-Rupee on 2nd August 2021. e-Rupi is a prepaid, cashless and contactless means of payment. This is a QR Code or SMS String based e Voucher.
• Users of UP Voucher can use it without using any card, internet banking and digital payment.
• This e-Rupi first implemented by SBI payment in Maharashtra.
The Vice Chancellor of Purvanchal University, Prof. To Nirmala S Maurya, the pioneer of Hindi literature, on the occasion of Munshi Premchand Jayanti, the Norwegian Information and Cultural Forum of India, to the Norwegian and bilingual magazine Spiel Darpan Premchand Samman was given in the program organized on the digital platform.
International monetary Fund
The International monetary Fund’s administrative body has approved an increase of US $ 650 billion to help countries battling the coronavirus pandemic and economic slowdown.
India’s PV Sindhu won silver medal in badminton at Olympics
Shuttler PV Sindhu created history by winning medal in Olympics for the second time on August 1, 2021. Sindhu became India’s first woman double Olympic medalist after clinching Bronze at Tokyo 2020 Olympics. She defeated China’s He Bing Jiao in a straight-game win in the women’s third-place play-off in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics on 1 August 2021.